- 1.1 Smart Tickets Limited is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of any information that you provide when you visit our website at www.smartkts.com and our social networking pages (together “the Website”) as we may publish and operate from time to time. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use any personal information that we may obtain from you.
- 1.3 Smart Tickets Limited makes every effort to maintain the security of your account information. However, information transmitted over the internet is never 100% secure.
2. Confidentiality in the automated processing of personal data of users
- 2.1 Smart Tickets Limited guarantees the confidentiality of personal information provided by Users and automated processing according to Ugandan legislation on protection of personal data, as well as East African, African and international legislation applicable to personal data (together the “Regulations”).
- 2.2 Smart Tickets Limited has adopted appropriate security levels for protection of personal information as set out in the Regulations, and has installed all technical and organizational measures at its disposal to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access and theft of personal information. Personal information collected will be automatically processed and incorporated into Smart Tickets' databases and files.
- 2.3 Smart Tickets Limited provides Users permanent online access to this Policy so that, prior to the User providing any personal information, they can understand and consent to Smart Tickets Platform automatic processing of personal information as described herein.
3. Purpose of collection and processing of personal data
All user data and contacts registered by any Organizer or User through any form provided on the Website is collected and processed by Smart Tickets Limited in order to facilitate the provision of the Services.
4. User or Organizer Consent
- 4.1 You consent to Smart Ticket Limited sending you emails and other targeted promotional communications using the email address registered by you on the Website.
- 4.2 Promotional emails may include information about services and products offered through the Website or by partner companies which Smart Ticket Limited believes may be of interest.
- 4.3 You may unsubscribe or update data quickly and freely. You can always withdraw your consent to receive such communications by clicking the link to unsubscribe from emails which will be contained at the bottom of any email.
- 4.4 Smart Tickets Limited will always strive only to collect data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the scope, purpose and specific, explicit and legitimate Services provided by Smart Tickets Limited.
- 4.5 You must be 14 or older to use the Service. Those over 14 and under 18 must have an express authorization from their parents or guardians prior to using the Website.
- 4.6 The fields to be filled in by the User or Organizer are strictly necessary. In order to provide the services, Smart Tickets Limited requires the requested information. In addition to the standard fields required to be completed, the Organizer of any Event may require additional information prior to selling any ticket. These fields must always be proportional and not excessive in relation to the purpose of selling tickets for a particular event. If there are special conditions for a particular event they will be set out by the Organizer at the time the personal data is collected.
5. Alerts, Contests, Promotions and other electronic communications
- 5.1 If you wish to subscribe to any communications from us, we offer you the option to “opt in” to this service. If you change your mind and wish to stop receiving any such communications, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in any email from us.
- 5.2 The Website may periodically offer promotions, contests and special offers which may voluntarily request some personal information. The rules and conditions of these promotional activities will be made public during the course of the same, including a section that specifies the use of the required personal information. If you do not wish to receive further emails from Smart Tickets, please click the link at the bottom of the email received or email us at [email protected].
- 6.1 We currently contract with online partners to help manage and optimize our business and communications. We use the services of a site analytics partner to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our Website.
- 6.2 To do this, we may use web beacons and cookies provided by our site analytics partner on our Website.
- 6.3 A “cookie” is a piece of data stored on your computer that is tied to information about you. The type of information collected includes the URL you came from and go to, your browser information, and IP address, and helps us learn how to improve our service.
- 6.4 No information shared with our site analytics partner is directly linked to your personal data.
- 6.5 If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
- 6.7 Web beacons consist of a small string of software code that represents a graphic image request on a page or email. There may or may not be a visible graphic image associated with the web beacon and often the image is designed to blend into the background of a page or email. Web beacons can be used for many purposes – including site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising, auditing and reporting, and personalization.
- 6.8 For our users’ convenience, we also use “cookies” to allow you to enter your password less frequently during a session and to provide for an easier registration process. If you configure your browser or otherwise choose to reject the cookies, you may still use our Website. However, to best experience our Website and most easily use it you must have cookies enabled.
7. Where We Store Your Personal Information
- 7.1 All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
- 7.2 We take the security of your personal information very seriously. In particular we use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and so we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. Notification of Changes
- 8.1 If we make any material changes in our privacy practices or this Policy, we will post a prominent notice on our Website notifying you and our other users of the change. In some cases where we post a notice, we will also email you and other users who have opted to receive communications from us notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices. However, if you have deleted/deactivated your account, then you will not be contacted, nor will your previously collected personal information be used in this new manner.
- 8.2 If the change to this Policy would change how your personal information is treated, then the change will not apply to you without your affirmative consent. However, if after a period of thirty (30) days you have not consented to the change in the Policy, your account will be automatically suspended until such time as you may choose to consent to the Policy change(s). Until such consent, your personal information will be treated under the Policy terms in force when you began your membership.
- 8.3 Any other change to this Policy (i.e. if it does not change how we treat your personal information) will become effective after we provide you with at least thirty (30) days notice of the changes and provide notice of the changes as described above. You must notify us within this 30 day period if you do not agree to the changes to the Policy and wish to deactivate your account.